We at Appleton Group LLC, its products, services, subsidiaries and affiliates ("we", "us") recognize the importance of privacy and confidentiality of personal information.
Appleton Group LLC, its products, services, subsidiaries and affiliates (the "Sites/Apps") is a Digital Transformation, Flexible Consumption, Everything as a Service (XaaS), Internet of Things (IoT) and Global Online On-Demand company providing C2C, B2B and B2C services on our Sites/Apps which connects and facilitates sales and purchases of products and/or services between customers and 3rd party sellers and innovators/ideas generators/entrepreneurs and investors.
A. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
Information you provide to us
If you are a representative or employee of a customers and 3rd party sellers and innovators/ideas generators/entrepreneurs and investors:
- You will be asked to provide certain contact information that is necessary for the registering for a Sites/Apps account on behalf of a 3rd party user (customer, service provider and innovators/ideas generators/entrepreneurs and investors) including name, address, phone number, email address, job title and department, etc .
- You will be asked to provide certain identity information, tax registration and/or related information about your business, such as your company name, business type and industry, corporate registration details and information about your business license.
- If you are a Service provider or an investor, we will also ask you to provide details about the goods and products/ investments services/package that you intend to provide to customers via the Sites/Apps and details about your sales/transactions on Appleton Group LLC, its products, services, subsidiaries and affiliates.
- If you are a Buyer we will also ask you to provide details or preferences about the goods and services/ investment services/package that you may be interested in buying via the Sites/Apps and any details or preferences relevant to your transactions.
- If you are successfully certified by Appleton Group LLC, its products, services, subsidiaries and affiliates as an innovator/ ideas generator/entrepreneur, in addition to the information mentioned above, we may also collect your live stream videos, your social media account names and profile photos, and posts or comments made by other users of the Sites/Apps.
- In connection with the facilitation of transactions, purchases and payments over the Sites/Apps, you will be asked to provide certain payment information. This might include bank account numbers, billing and delivery information, credit/debit card numbers, expiration dates and security code and tracking information from cheques or money orders to facilitate your transactions through the Sites/Apps.
- We will process any information provided to us in connection with disputes or to support complaints in connection with the Sites/Apps or goods and/or services purchased via the Sites/Apps. Please note, Customers, Service Providers, Innovators/Ideas Generators/ Entrepreneurs, and investors may submit complaints regarding the products and services on the Sites/Apps and/or disputes between the users to the Sites/Apps and under such circumstances, we will process data provided to us by Customers, Service Providers, Innovators/Ideas Generators/ Entrepreneurs, and investors that is relevant to the disputes or complaints submitted. This may include health data of end-users (which may include minors as applicable) of products purchased on the Sites/Apps to the extent relevant to the disputes or complaints that are being reviewed by the Sites/Apps and to the extent that the individual(s) has provided their explicit consent to their data being shared with us for the purposes of handling the complaints and/or settling the disputes.
- Information you submit to the Sites/Apps for publication may be made publicly available on the Sites/Apps and therefore accessible by any internet user. You should exercise caution when deciding what information you submit to us for publication.
Information that we collect automatically
- If you contact us (such as via our customer services department chat service, telephone or email), we may record a copy of your correspondence and may ask for additional information to verify your identity.
- We will collect contact details and other information of users from publicly available sources for the purposes of verifying the users and performing due diligence on the users.
- We will collect details of user activities, transactions and interactions on the Sites/Apps including information relating to the types and specifications of the products and services purchased, pricing and delivery information, dispute and complaint records, communications between users and any information disclosed in any discussion forum.
- From time to time, we may also collect information about the existing and prospective users, during or in connection with trade shows, industry events and/or other functions. Including representative contact names, addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers and email addresses.
- If you visit our Sites/Apps, we may automatically collect certain information from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered as personal information under applicable data protection laws. Specifically this information may include IP addresses, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location), browsing patterns and details of how you have interacted with our Sites/Apps and the goods and services available on it. In addition, we gather statistical information about the Sites/Apps and visitors to the Sites/Apps including, browser software, operating system, software and hardware attributes, pages viewed, number of sessions and unique visitors. Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Sites/Apps, where they come from, and what content is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Sites/Apps. Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology.
Information that we receive from third parties
- We may receive personal information about you from social media Sites/Apps if you choose to register for a Sites/Apps account via a social media account. Exactly what information we receive will depend on your privacy settings with the applicable Sites/Apps, but it would typically include basic public profile information such as:
- Your user name or nickname
- Your profile picture
- Company name
- Contact detail
- If you choose to participate in reviewing or rating products and/or services on Appleton Group LLC, its products, services, subsidiaries and affiliates, we may receive personal information about you from third parties that work with us to conduct reviews into our services and/or rate us.
We may receive personal information about you from third parties that are engaged by us to assist with providing verification services and conducting suitable money laundering and KYC (know-your-customer) checks on users. This may include your name, email address, company details and contact information.